MEET OUR SPEAKERS
Echelon Minds is driven by a team of well-experienced trainers that embodies Echelon Mind’s mission and core values. Each course is curated with innovation, warmth and creativity to help every person develop into a effective and confident learner. If you would to join our dynamic team, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Chief Financial Officer
Sales Coach & Trainer
- Had to drop out of school at the age of 14 after his dad lost his poultry business and plunged the family into debts. Worked three jobs at the same time include cleaning toilets. Was determined to break out of the poverty trap and become successful one day. Was determined to help SMEs become successful so that their families will never have to go through what he went through.
- Introduced to the world of Information Technology at age 17 and saw the huge potential technology has in helping companies to become more productive and reduce cost.
- Started first IT business in 2001 which failed but taught him valuable lessons on business. Started CommGate in 2005 with $3,000 to sell third-party hardware and software to companies but grew this business to provide customized software ranging from CRM to ERP. Steered the company to win several business awards such as Midas Touch Enterprise Asia Awards 2013, Spirit of Enterprise 2010 and Singapore Computer Society Top 10 Best Tech Company to work for Award in 2015.
- While running CommGate, also started Echelon Minds, a training business in 2013 to express his hobby to speak, train and share knowledge to the market about the 9-Step sales process he has created
- Has appeared in national media like Sunday Times, Channel 5, Channel News Asia, etc. and was a speaker at many events on his entrepreneurship journey. A mini-documentary of him can be watch at this link.
- Driven, enthusiastic, quick to generate ideas and strategies and enjoys mentoring younger colleagues and start-up entrepreneurs
Chief Financial Officer
- Has more than 20 years of working experience in Investments, Banking, Business Advisory and Financial Management.
- A business school graduate from the National University of Singapore. Upon graduation, spent a year in Japan pursuing a Diploma in Japanese Language.
- After returning to Singapore, he helped a local bank to set up a Japanese Business Unit within the Corporate Banking Department and worked there for four years. During this time he had to sell the bank’s products and services to Japanese corporations. The job also required him to access the credit worthiness of companies and recommend to management whether or not to take up the client.
- Went from the banking to investment industry and spent 10 years there holding the position of Vice President, Portfolio Manager in SG Asset Management (part of the Societe Generale Group). Managed a portfolio of few hundred million dollars invested in Asia excluding Japan. Experienced a wide spectrum of market conditions including the Asian Economic Crisis in 1996 and the dot.com bubble burst in 2000. Had to sell the company’s fund management services to overseas clients in Asia, US and Europe. Clients include retail investors, corporations, pension funds and fund-of-fund managers.
- After spending four years in Corporate Banking and 10 years in Investment, with this knowledge of what makes companies viable and successful, he became a Business Consultant for another 10 years advising companies on business and financial matters.
- Holds an MBA from the University of Southern Illinois and is a Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA).
- Is an instructor with SGX Academy teaching investment courses and also with CFA Singapore teaching the CFA program. Has given talks to Chamber of Commerce on Financial Management.
Sales Coach & Trainer
- A Polytechnic dropout with only O-Level certification.
- In his young days, overspending led him to the desperate situation of selling novelty products on the streets. Talked to hundreds of people every day, building his first experience in direct selling.
- Was selling ice-cream at one time and could sell two full loads (in 4-foot freezers) of ice-cream worth $1,000 in just 4 hours. In comparison, one full load of ice cream placed at 7-11 take months to sell out.
- In 2003, attended a Programme called Money & You, which changed his life forever. Right after that, he started his first company, Actionpreneur Pte Ltd, which conducts entrepreneurship, innovation and motivation workshops for children. Although he started this business with only $20, within a month it was generating over $20,000 in revenues.
- In 2006, he went on to train adults and had clients such as HSBC, AXA Life Insurance, JobsDB, Konica Minolta, National University of Singapore, and Supreme and Subordinate Court of Singapore.
- In 2011, he took up a Coaching Training Programme and with the new skills acquired his is able to inspire people to create permanent results. His clients have created results and improved their income by 45% to 400% in just 4 weeks of coaching.